Pen-testing is a process of identifying vulnerabilities in a company’s network, using penetrating tools, and then addressing these issues, to prevent subsequent attacks.
System Security Professionals who coordinate this process are called Penetration Testers
By hacking ethically, one is able to identify any loophole found and then proffer solutions to the organization involved.
Hence, a Pen Tester helps examine an organisation’s network system, to find and identify any flaw or vulnerability within these frameworks and then help build up a better network security against external or co-ordinated attacks.
Nevertheless, Penetration Testers often use the same process to test for loopholes, they do so in order to have a good knowledge and record of the said network weakness and how to solve it. Vulnerabilities in most cases, are found in poor network configuration, hardware and software flaws, and technical incompetence.
Thus, this course would expose you to
- Knowledge about New security threats
- The Term “Social Engineering”
- Best security tools required for testing these vulnerabilities
- Ways of implementing this process to mitigate these attacks.Ways to create remote access Tools.
- Python Programming
- Virtualization and Networking
- Linux Administration and Configuration